Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Carrot and ricotta gnocchi

I made this some time ago with homemade ricotta and it was one of those fabulous nights that I was able to share a meal with my family. Of course, I made them a gorgeous burnt butter and crispy sage sauce that I couldn't eat but that's beside the point! The important thing was that we ate MOSTLY the same meal. As it turns out, I am now reacting to all dairy, even A2 milk, and so I am posting this recipe for those who are able to tolerate dairy rather than for my own future reference. How's that for taking one for the team! 

CARROT AND RICOTTA GNOCCHI
1 batch homemade ricotta, drained
3 yolks
1 carrot, grated
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
100g plain flour
1 tbsp salt for the water (if tolerated)

1. Tip all ingredients except salt into a bowl and mix thoroughly
2. Squeeze an amount about the size of your thumb into a firm little log (or ball if you prefer) 
3. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used 
4. Boil water in a good sized saucepan (with salt, if tolerated)
5. Once the water is boiling, drop the gnocchi in
6. As soon as the gnocchi rises to the top (it's very quick!) remove them with a slotted spoon and serve immediately as is or with a topping, sauce or oil that you tolerate well. 

Enjoy ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment