Saturday, July 11, 2020

Apple chia pot

I am trying very hard to cut out all sugar but it is a tough gig. This lovely (and ridiculously simple) concoction satisfies my sweet craving and has the added bonus of being chock full of nutritional value. During the day I will eat it as is and at night when I am tired and craving a sweet hit I will ditch the apple and add a swig of Maple syrup instead. Adding both also works.

APPLE CHIA POT
1 tbsp/21g/.74oz chia seeds
100ml/3.4 fl oz coconut milk
1 smallish apple
Dash of Maple syrup (optional)

1. Tip chia seeds into a glass or very small bowl
2. Add coconut milk and leave for 5-10 minutes or until the chia seeds have absorbed all of the liquid
3. Grate the apple and stir through well (or skip the apple and head to step 4 for a sweeter and much faster snack)
4. Add the Maple syrup if using and stir through

Enjoy ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment