Friday, July 24, 2020

Trial and error...

I posted a recipe yesterday that may or may not have caused me to react. I did eat more than one unfamiliar food in the same day (not very clever of me) which means that I cannot be sure which one caused the reaction. I have been upfront about this in an update to the relevant post and have vowed to eat the same food again in a more clinical way (alongside known safe foods) so that I can share a more definitive finding. 

I only post recipes that adhere to the protocols outlined in the mastzellaktivierung list. How full a person’s ‘histamine bucket’ is will determine how much of certain foods (white vinegar in this case) we can tolerate. I am unbelievably reactive right now which means I am the perfect person to be the canary in the mine for others. My aim is not to confuse what is already a confusing condition. But I do feel complete honesty is important, particularly when my (possible) reaction to a food may be life-threatening for some. 

MCAS is tricky. Ingredients we can ingest “a small amount” of are tricky. If you bear with me, I promise to continue to share everything I learn – and to continue to be your (very honest) canary in the mine ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment