Thursday, October 22, 2020

Lamb chop with rosemary and honey

Histamine in meat is kept to a minimum if it is very fresh. I am fortunate enough to have access to lamb that is delivered to my door by the very farmer who raised the sheep - Farmer Dan from Wattle View Farm. I buy a whole lamb at a time which is butchered, vacuum packed and frozen within a week of slaughter. Because it is so fresh I can eat it without a reaction which is an amazing feeling. This is my very favourite way to prepare my lamb because it is very fast and unbelievably tasty.

LAMB CHOP WITH ROSEMARY AND HONEY
1 tsp coconut oil
Sprig of rosemary about as long as your finger
1 BBQ lamb chop
1 tsp honey

1. Defrost the lamb quickly, wash it and pat dry with a paper towel. I find washing meat helps to prevent a reaction. 
2. Heat the oil on medium to high heat in a small fry pan.
3. As the oil is heating, rub the rosemary all over the pan.
4. Strip rosemary leaves from the stem and add to pan.
5. When oil is very hot, add the chop and cook for 3-4 minutes on the first side (depending on the thickness of the chop).
6. Turn and cook the second side from 1-4 minutes, depending on the thickness and your preference.
7. Transfer the chop to a plate along with the cooked rosemary and smear all over with honey.

Enjoy ❤️

2 comments: