Sunday, June 28, 2020

Caraway chicken

The histamine list I refer to took a bit of working out in some instances. Thankfully, I have Google on hand to uncover the mysteries of unfamiliar ingredients. Persian cumin (not to be confused with regular cumin which is rated very poorly) was one I had never heard of and was very keen to discover given that it was noted to have a positive anti-histamine like effect. When I discovered it was actually caraway seeds, I was more than pleased! 

Needless to say, I have been using caraway seeds in plenty of my cooking, particularly since I gave up salt completely. This meal (which did have an enormous salad on the side!) was fast to make and had a lovely, gentle flavour.

CARAWAY CHICKEN
1 chicken thigh fillet
coconut oil spray
caraway seeds

1. Cut chicken into very small pieces (for faster cooking to keep histamine to a minimum)
2. Spray with coconut oil 
3. Sprinkle with a teaspoon or two of caraway seeds
4. Heat a small frying pan until quite hot
5. Tip chicken in pan and quickly stir fry until cooked through

Enjoy with plenty of salad or vegetables for dinner or as a snack on its own ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment