Monday, June 15, 2020

Juice - Apricot and lettuce

It is no accident that I feel better when I eat zero rated foods in their natural state. Most forms of cooking will raise the histamine in foods and so I have been eating so much raw food lately that my jaw muscles are fatigued. Enter juices!

My husband bought me a Nutribullet a few years ago for Christmas and at the time I was a bit nonplussed. I get that regular juicing can be bad for me given that all of the fabulous fibre is removed in the process, but the idea of simply blitzing fruit and vegetables for enjoyment was a bit lost on me. Fast forward a few years and I absolutely love it as a great way to prepare a healthy snack that can be downed in minutes. Of course a blender will do exactly the same thing, the only benefit the Nutribullet has is that it rinses clean quite easily. 

I am not much of a fruit eater due to quite severe FODMAP issues but can tolerate little bits here and there. This juice is a wonderful representation of that. Those without FODMAP issues should feel free to add more apricot! 

APRICOT & LETTUCE JUICE 
Apricot - Half
Iceberg lettuce - Good handful
Coconut water - 210ml/7 fl oz 
Sprinkle of chia seeds and flaxseed (optional)

1. Put all ingredients into a blender or Nutribullet and blitz. 

Enjoy ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment