Friday, June 26, 2020

Simple fried rice

Hooray for a fabulous and tasty dinner! 

In a disappointing turn of events, I have recently discovered that salt does not appear to be agreeing with me. That's ANY type of salt including sea salt and Himalayan. Given that it had become my go to for flavour on most meals, there is definitely a chance that I was simply overdoing it but just to be sure I have decided to abstain altogether at least for now. So this lovely little recipe uses caraway seeds for flavour but of course salt could be substituted if preferred and tolerated. 

The best thing about this meal was that I was able to quickly make two versions, one for me and one for the family. It was lovely to (almost) eat the same thing for dinner and I was able to use the egg whites in the other version. The amount and type of vegetables can be modified but this is what I used. I was REALLY hungry.

SIMPLE FRIED RICE
80g/2.8oz Brown rice
4 sticks celery
2 carrots
Small piece fennel
1 mushroom
1 small zucchini/courgette
1/4 green capsicum/bell pepper
1/4 red capsicum/bell pepper
2 tsp coconut oil
2 tsp caraway seeds
2 egg yolks

1. Cook rice and set aside
2. Chop vegetables quite small
3. Heat coconut oil in a large pan (medium heat) and then add the vegetables and caraway seeds
4. Stir fry for just a few minutes 
5. Add yolks, stir through quickly and then add the rice
6. Stir for a couple of minutes, ensuring everything is thoroughly combined

Enjoy ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment