Wednesday, June 17, 2020

The importance of fresh

Freshness is by far the most important thing to keep in mind when eating a low histamine diet. Sourcing produce which is of good, fresh quality is well worth the research for anybody who suffers when histamine levels are elevated. I have been lucky enough to discover Biviano and Sons, a brilliant fruit and vegetable store the next suburb across from us who not only have produce of outstanding quality, but prices which are also incredibly reasonable. Given how much fresh produce I now eat every day, this is definitely a bonus in my household. 

Like the proverbial cherry on top, in the last few months Bivianos has started a home delivery service. COVID-19 has been an insidious intruder in our societies but some of the new practices we have adopted, such as an increase in home delivery, have definitely yielded some benefits. Not only have I been slightly more nervous about going out lately due to the pandemic, but there are days when my health just doesn't support a trip to the shops. If it is not the fatigue or dizziness that gets me, sometimes it is the worry that one of my joints will give out as I lug my shopping back to the car. Which particular joint will fail can be a bit of a lucky dip but this week the likely winners are my right shoulder, both elbows and a few floppy ligaments in my left hand. 

So, it is with enormous enjoyment that I now order all of my fresh vegetables online, knowing they will be delivered the next day. For those in Melbourne's inner north, I can highly recommend this service (no, this is not a paid promotion!) and for anybody else, I highly recommend you jumping on board the produce delivery bandwagon if it is an option in your area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment