Friday, May 22, 2020

Chia eggs

I have missed eggs so very much and so almost cried with happiness as I ate this lunch - as close to a normal scramble as I am likely to get in some time. 

The white is the histamine loaded portion of an egg and so this recipe absolutely includes the fabulous, protein packed yolks. I replicated the consistency of the absent whites with a simple mix of chia seeds and water which, when combined, create a fabulous and nutritious little pile of goop. Even better, it is goop low in histamine!

The vegetable additions are completely interchangeable but I have shared what I added into my lunch today.

CHIA SCRAMBLE
16g / 1 tbsp chia seeds
2 egg yolks
Coconut oil
90g yellow capsicum/bell pepper, diced
30g carrot, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
Pinch sea salt


1. Mix the chia seeds in a small bowl with 2 tbsp water. Stir until the chia absorbs the water
2. Add the yolks and stir to combine. You now have a chia egg!
3. Spray a non-stick pan with coconut oil
4. Tip in chia egg, vegetables, salt and another tablespoon of water and stir fry on medium heat until the chia egg is creamy.

Enjoy! ❤️ 
Close enough to regular scrambled eggs...and FABULOUS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment