Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Why this blog was born...

This page is for anybody following a low histamine diet, in particular (but not exclusive to) those living with MCAS, hEDS and POTS. 

This is the disease cluster I live with and which I have begun to successfully manage with a reduction of histamine in my diet. Cooking and food are passions of mine and so I understand the pain of living with a severely restricted diet. My aim is to share my tips for creating as much flavour and variety for others on the same journey as me. 

The information on the internet regarding histamine in foods is confusing and conflicting. The only advice I have found to be helpful and aligned with my own triggers/flares is the guidance provided in this attachment

Ingredients posted on this page are generally rated zero (no expected symptoms) or one (minimal/no symptoms if eaten in small quantities). This works very well for me and keeps my symptoms under control but as every individual is different, there is no guarantee that my approach will work for everybody. 

 - Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment