Monday, May 25, 2020

Quinoa porridge

Low blood sugar is a huge trigger for me so I generally start each day with a substantial breakfast. Not only does this make me feel better but it enables me to take my handful of supplements without feeling nauseous.

This porridge is unbelievably fast to make and fills me up brilliantly.

QUINOA PORRIDGE
40g quinoa flakes (around 3/8 of a metric cup)
150ml coconut milk (I like Pureharvest coco quench for it's lack of additives)
Pure maple syrup (optional)
Brazil nut (optional)

1. Tip flakes and milk into a small saucepan
2. Cook on medium heat until creamy - only a minute or two! 
3. Transfer to bowl and top with your favourite sweetener and/or nuts. I like a splash of pure maple syrup and a chopped up Brazil nut for a little bit of crunch.  

The taste can be a little bitter for some but that is easily fixed with an extra splash of maple syrup, a pinch of sugar or even an extra dash of coconut milk.

Enjoy! ❤️ 
POST SCRIPT: It is worth reading my post regarding histamine and oxolates for anybody who is still figuring out their triggers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment