Friday, May 15, 2020

Macadamia butter

I do well with flour and bread as long as I keep my intake low. Starting the day with carbs makes me feel better and so toast is one of my go to choices for breakfast. This morning I had my favourite combo - homemade bread with macadamia butter. This recipe was inspired by the fact that I REALLY miss peanut butter and needed an alternative to stop me from staring longingly at the peanut butter every time I opened the pantry door. 

MACADAMIA BUTTER (easily halved or quartered)
Macadamias - any amount

1. Blitz macadamias well in a blender. The longer they are blended, the more the oils will be released.
2. Store in an airtight container in the fridge

Enjoy ❤️ 

Ingredient information (based on advice by SIGHI)
- Macadamias are rated 0

0 - Well tolerated, no symptoms expected at usual intake 
1 - Minor symptoms, occasional consumption of small quantities is often tolerated 
2 - Incompatible, significant symptoms at usual intake 
3 - Very poorly tolerated, severe symptoms

Hot tip!
🔥 Use macadamia butter as a dip, a spread or to bulk out your smoothies

No comments:

Post a Comment