Thursday, May 14, 2020

Ginger biscuits

I realise I am posting two sweet recipes in a row, but finding sweets I was able to eat became incredibly important to me once I realised my beloved chocolate was off the menu. I was creating a layered cookies and cream dessert for my family (loaded with chocolate) and decided to make myself a substitute with crumbled ginger biscuits, cream and white chocolate. As it turned out, there was no need to add anything to these fabulous biscuits which are wonderful straight from the tin.

200g butter
1C brown sugar
½ C golden syrup
3C plain flour
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)

1. Tip butter, sugar and golden syrup into a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until melted.
2. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and whisk/beat until light and fluffy. I used the KitchenAid for this.
3. Sift flour, spices and soda together in a separate bowl and combine well.
4. Tip dry ingredients onto butter mixture and stir/massage until completely combined.
5. Roll mixture into tbsp sized balls and arrange on two trays lined with baking paper, allowing space between each ball.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180°C/350°F or until golden. The biscuits will still be very soft when you take them out and will become firm as they cool.
7. Cool on trays then transfer to a sealed container.

Enjoy! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment